Q is for Quality, or is it Quantity?
I have decided that both Quality time and the Quantity of time spent with our children are equally important. My husband James and I made a sacrificial choice when we first married, that I would be a "stay-at-home mom (SAHM).” Along the way, I had many friends and neighbors who chose a career and put their kids in daycare over being a SAHM. They traded home cooked, healthy meals for fast food. They were having business luncheons while I was hosting play dates. They had more income, but I had more time with my kids. They invested in IRAs, stocks, and bonds, and I invested in my children. The stock market crashed, but I have had a very big return on my investment–close relationship with my well-adjusted, well-mannered children, who are now adults.
Trina's top 7 things a mom needs to do to be a successful SAHM:
1. Stay at home!
2. Team up with your husband to get the breaks that you need to survive this tough job.
3. Spend time with other moms who share your values.
4. Don't get into a rut; make each day exciting and fun!
5. Count your blessings, and do not complain about what you do not have because of less income.
6. Tell your husband daily that you really appreciate his hard work to support your family.
7. Take lots of pictures and journal often so that you remember everything you are experiencing– the good, the bad and the ugly. Before you know it, your kids will be grown, and you will have great memories because you were there!
Find more ways to connect with Trina below: